Pomponazzi Maintenance & Care Instructions
Following our maintenance and care instructions listed below will ensure your Pomponazzi application will perform to it’s highest standards for years to come.
- Hose down vehicle thoroughly to remove loose dirt and grime. Avoid washing your vehicle in direct sunlight – the heated panels will evaporate water and soap suds. This can create streaks and water spotting on the surface of your vehicle.
- Lather car with a ph neutral car shampoo. Strictly no wax products. *
- Rinse down car thoroughly to remove all soap/suds.
- Wipe dry with a clean microfiber or chamois, ensuring to remove all residue from soap/multipurpose cleaner.
- We recommend you do not use manual/automatic car washes. **
* Wash & Waxes and polishes may dull the surface of paintwork and impede water repellent properties due to their build up on the surface and as such they should not be used.
** Automatic car washes use extremely harsh chemicals to clean, and brushes may cause damage/swirl marks. They should be avoided whenever possible. Manual car washes usually supply a brush to clean your car, these brushes are usually full of contamination and the bristles on the brush are not ideal for paint work.
Additionally every 3 months or so complete the above washing and use the Pomponazzi Multipurpose Cleaner.
- Hose down vehicle thoroughly to remove loose dirt and grime
- Mist 2-3 squirts of Pomponazzi Multipurpose Cleaner per panel. Allow to dwell for a few minutes.
- Using a microfiber towel, wipe down the entire vehicle ensuring that the Pomponazzi Multipurpose Cleaner has spread evenly across the vehicle.
- Using a second microfiber towel wipe the vehicle dry of water and ensure that all Pomponazzi Multipurpose Cleaner has been wiped away. (If unsure please contact us and we can explain in more detail)
Bird & Bat Excrement:
Bird and bat excrement, along with other contaminants, must be removed as soon as possible from painted surfaces, the following method is recommended:
- Soak a clean microfiber cloth with water. Warm/hot water is preferred.
- Place microfiber cloth onto the affected area and allow for moisture to break down excrement for 3-5 minutes. Allow longer if required.
- Gently wipe away excrement and rinse down panel.
We recommend always drying the surface as opposed to allowing the surface to “air dry”. The minerals in tap water can create water spots / water marks upon evaporation, these spots can harden on the surface if not dried correctly. We recommend drying the surface with a clean microfibre cloth, you can also use an air compressor to remove excess water and then dry completely with a microfibre cloth.
After every second to third wash, our Balsoo product is recommended to be applied to rejuvenate and enhance your paintwork. Balsoo is our maintenance product for our Pomponazzi Quartz Glass Coating. Balsoo can be purchased from us directly or any of our approved applicators.
It is the responsibility of the consumer to lodge a warranty claim to Pomponazzi Head Office within (7) days of the damage occurring, and to present the vehicle for inspection to an authorised applicator within 21 days of the claim. Please see our Warranty Page for more details.